[Wxruby-users] I hate make

Kevin Smith wxRuby at qualitycode.com
Fri Dec 12 19:55:48 EST 2003

Does anyone else here think that it might be a good idea to shift wxruby
to use rake (http://rubyforge.org/projects/rake/) or perhaps one of the
other "modern" build systems?

One example of a task that would be trivial with rake, but seem to be
really painful with make: Define a tclean target that deletes all the .h
and .cpp files that are built from .t files.

I'm not sure if rake could replace the extconf step, but it seems like
it could. I'm not certain it would be better for cross-platform stuff,
but it seems like it would be at least as good.

Objections? Volunteers?

Kevin