[Wtr-general] Watir::Form questions
warren at meyer-pollans.net
Tue Aug 9 15:13:50 EDT 2005
I would like to be able to use form objects in my tests, but have
become confused - as the questions below will no doubt illustrate.
I have some tests that I've written in perl using www::mechanize that I
would like to port to ruby.
The Watir api docs (rdoc) show the following for Class Watir::Form:
Form Factory object
* ieController - an instance of an IEController
* how - symbol - how we access the form
(:name, :id, :index, :action, :method)
* what - what we use to access the form
1. what is "IEController"? is this a part of the watir distribution?
2. the first argument passed to initialize is "container" - what is
3. the watir unittests don't use Watir::Form, the formtest calls
ie.form. what's the connection between the two? how are a Watir::Form
object and the object returned by ie.form related?
A simple example of the use of Watir::Form would be appreciated.
More information about the Wtr-general