[Wtr-development] [JIRA] Commented: (WTR-484) Could not open library RAutomation's UiaDll.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

zeilenleser (JIRA) watirjira at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 06:30:18 EDT 2011


    [ http://jira.openqa.org/browse/WTR-484?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=20252#action_20252 ] 

zeilenleser commented on WTR-484:
---------------------------------

Hi Jarmo

First, thanks for your work at RAutomation, it's a great tool so far.
Second, back to my issue:

bq.??Doesn't make much of a sense. Can't reproduce it either.??
You will. 

{quote}
??Can you put the following "puts" statement before C:/Programs/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rautomation-0.6.3/lib/rautomation/adapter/win_ffi/button.rb:17:??

??puts @locators.inspect??
{quote}
I didn't but the idea is totaly right.

bq.??uia_dll.rb just shouldn't get loaded if using through Watir...??
That was the hint I needed to find the source of the problem.

Ok, this issues needs some more background informations. I did the test on an German XP version. Therefore I needed to change the Watir::FileField to match the German dialogs and I did it like this
{quote}
{{def open_button}}
{{  file_upload_window.button(:id => 1)}}
{{end}}
{{def cancel_button}}
{{  file_upload_window.button(:id => 2)}}
{{end}}
{{def file_upload_window}}
{{  @window ||= RAutomation::Window.new(:title => /^Datei (zum Hochladen )?ausw\xE4hlen$/i)}}
{{end}}
{quote}
As you can see, I'm using the :id locator instead of the :value locator. That's the reason why uia_dll.rb is loaded (and you can reproduce it if you try). That doesn't explain why the UiaDll.dll can't be loaded but I can overcome the problem by using the :value locator instead (with the german text as far as possible, I didn't found out how to use german umlaute, but that's another problem, for the moment the ascii part of the text works).
{quote}
{{def open_button}}
{{  file_upload_window.button(:value => /&ffnen/)}}
{{end}}
{{def cancel_button}}
{{  file_upload_window.button(:value  => 'Abbrechen')}}
{{end}}
{quote}

Thanks for your help.

> Could not open library RAutomation's UiaDll.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: WTR-484
>                 URL: http://jira.openqa.org/browse/WTR-484
>             Project: Watir
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Other
>    Affects Versions: Soon
>         Environment: Windows XP
>            Reporter: Zhimin Zhan
>            Priority: Major
>             Fix For: Soon
>
>
> I am runing a set of tests, only first one failed due to 
> ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rautomation-0.6.1/lib/rautomation/adapter/win_ffi/ms_uia/../../../../../ext/UiaDll/Release/UiaDll.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.openqa.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        


More information about the Wtr-development mailing list