[Wtr-development] [wtr-general] Watir 1.6.6.rc1 is out!

Bret Pettichord bret at pettichord.com
Tue Sep 28 13:57:02 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Željko Filipin <
zeljko.filipin at wa-research.ch> wrote:

> I would suggest that for 1.6.6. we just fix the failing tests (when
> executed from source, not from gem) and do not remove them from the gem.

What is the point of including the tests in the gem if they don't run in the
gem?

For another release (1.6.7?) we can take a look how to make tests executable
> from gems. As Bret suggested, copying commonwatir tests to watir and
> firewatir gems sounds like a good idea.

+1

> After that we could see if watir/firewatir tests and watirspec could be
> merged, so all tests could be moved to a separate project (watirspec?).
>
> Also, we should decide should we ship with the gem just the subset of tests
> that do not require any special browser settings. I use watir gem without
> any modifications to the browser. I only have to change browser settings to
> run unit tests.

I know I suggested this earlier, but now am backing off on the suggestion. I
think the last thing we need right now is to split off yet another test
suite.