[Wtr-development] README file to github!?

Željko Filipin zeljko.filipin at wa-research.ch
Mon Sep 27 07:30:56 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Jarmo <jarmo.p at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, i'd recommend the README to have a short installation tutorial
> (taking into account the differences of Watir and FireWatir) and then
> a synopsis of the basic usage.

I forgot to comment this in the last e-mail.

Bret once said he thinks it is good to ship documentation with the software
(in our case with Watir). I see the value, but I have also noticed that it
is easier to update the documentation if it is only in one place.

As a middle ground I would suggest to keep README file as short as possible,
maybe with only a few basic examples and provide links to more documentation
on watir.com or wiki.