[Wtr-development] Two Types of Dialogs

Bret Pettichord bret at pettichord.com
Fri Oct 29 11:32:25 EDT 2010

Yes, this is what I meant.

I am proposing to extract the support for

Into a separate gem. Please understand that nearly all the various popups
can properly be described as modal and as dialogs. Thus the problem of

The best solution i have right now is to call these showModalDialogs, as
that is the name of the javascript method that creates them.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Željko Filipin <
zeljko.filipin at wa-research.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Bret Pettichord <bret at pettichord.com>
> wrote:
> > 1. showModalDialog = Watir#modal_dialog.
> All I know about popups is at our Pop Ups wiki page [1]. I do not have to
> deal with any kind of popups, except file uploads [2]. I guess you are
> talking about modal dialogs [3].
> > 2. There are lots of other popups as well, many of which can be handled
> by AutoIt.
> Pop Ups page lists 11 other types of popups.
> > I wrote the special version of win32ole to support them and recently
> suggested we break this code out into a separate gem.
> I think I understand now. I agree that it is a good idea. It is not good
> that we are tied to one particular version of Ruby only to support just one
> feature, that most of the people do not use.
> Željko
> --
> [1] http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Pop+Ups
> [2] http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/File+Uploads