[Wtr-development] Two Types of Dialogs

Željko Filipin zeljko.filipin at wa-research.ch
Fri Oct 29 09:53:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Bret Pettichord <bret at pettichord.com>
> 1. showModalDialog = Watir#modal_dialog.

All I know about popups is at our Pop Ups wiki page [1]. I do not have to
deal with any kind of popups, except file uploads [2]. I guess you are
talking about modal dialogs [3].

> 2. There are lots of other popups as well, many of which can be handled by

Pop Ups page lists 11 other types of popups.

> I wrote the special version of win32ole to support them and recently
suggested we break this code out into a separate gem.

I think I understand now. I agree that it is a good idea. It is not good
that we are tied to one particular version of Ruby only to support just one
feature, that most of the people do not use.

[1] http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Pop+Ups
[2] http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/File+Uploads
[3] http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Modal+Dialogs