[Wtr-development] Two Types of Dialogs

Željko Filipin zeljko.filipin at wa-research.ch
Fri Oct 29 09:53:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Bret Pettichord <bret at pettichord.com>
wrote:
> 1. showModalDialog = Watir#modal_dialog.

All I know about popups is at our Pop Ups wiki page [1]. I do not have to
deal with any kind of popups, except file uploads [2]. I guess you are
talking about modal dialogs [3].

> 2. There are lots of other popups as well, many of which can be handled by
AutoIt.

Pop Ups page lists 11 other types of popups.

> I wrote the special version of win32ole to support them and recently
suggested we break this code out into a separate gem.

I think I understand now. I agree that it is a good idea. It is not good
that we are tied to one particular version of Ruby only to support just one
feature, that most of the people do not use.

Željko
--
[1] http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Pop+Ups
[2] http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/File+Uploads