[Wtr-development] Watir 1.6.7 final released

Jarmo jarmo.p at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 15:40:30 EDT 2010

I have already similar idea and even have implemented some part of it.
I had the idea before i knew Ethan's WinWindow, but just hadn't any
time to do it. It is called RAutomation[1]. Currently it is only
working with AutoIt as an API's proof of concept and to provide the
platform itself for other implementations. The next "implementation"
is in my TODO list to use FFI and windows API like Ethan did.

The main difference between RAutomation and WinWindow in my mind is that i
would like to offer Watir-like user-friendly and easy to use API, but
WinWindow wants to offer windows API like API. I've also planned to
make it easy to support
multiple platforms (implementations in my words). RAutomation code
should already support (haven't started with FFI yet, so there might
be some not yet seen blockers) any possible future
implementations/platforms/GUI-s which could be changed in runtime. So,
let's say that in theory you could use one implementation for KDE and
other for GNOME (if it's necessary, i don't know).

As you can see from the readme then i'd be willing to get any OS X and
Linux expertise and help to provide different implementations for
RAutomation API - if it's even possible.

[1] http://github.com/jarmo/rautomation