[Wtr-development] Watir 1.6.7 final released

Jari Bakken jari.bakken at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:15:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Jarmo <jarmo.p at gmail.com> wrote:
> Makes sense, although watir-webdriver is with version 0.1.1 which
> means that it's API could change :)

I'm not really following semantic versioning at the moment, so don't
read too much into it. I like the concept, it's just requires a bit
more discipline. :)

The WHATWG HTML spec which I've used to generate much of the code is
unversioned though, which we'll have to take into account if we want
to keep in close sync with the spec (which is tempting since it's so
easy in watir-webdriver's case). It might just mean we'll bump major
versions more frequently than most projects.

Also, the YARD documentation tool has an excellent feature that lets
you diff the APIs of two gems - grab the latest YARD gem and try `yard
help diff`. Very nifty.