[Wtr-development] Watir 1.6.7 final released

Charley Baker charley.baker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:16:53 EDT 2010

Bret,

   That's excellent, as Alister mentioned, that's a great transition
point to watir-webdriver. I've been using the latest 1.8.6.p111, p287
and the latest along with the latest version of 1.8.7 all managed by
pik. [1] I think the only thing holding back from fully recommending
the latest of these is showModalDialog, otherwise everything else
appears to work fine.

  There are at least two things I want to take a look at for the next
release - removing the ActiveSupport dependency and seeing if there is
a different way of getting the IE showModalDialogs without having to
use our custom version of win32ole.so. Also there are a lot of open
issues, which we need to go through. Volunteers are welcome. :)

[1]: http://github.com/vertiginous/pik

Charley Baker
Lead Developer, Watir, http://watir.com