[Wtr-development] Convio's version of Watir

Ethan notethan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:53:00 EDT 2010

regarding functionality of converting a html table into an array of hashes -
I have recently pushed this to Vapir:
http://github.com/vapir/vapir/commit/c1f28e017a1b8a781ac09b14ec26bb90f73532bd

<http://github.com/vapir/vapir/commit/c1f28e017a1b8a781ac09b14ec26bb90f73532bd>I
called it #to_hashes - I might have gone with #hashes if I'd remembered that
jarib had called his that, although I do not know if the functionality ends
up being the same. looking at the watirspec test of it, it looks like it
should be the same.

mine is rather more complex than jarib's because the apps I have had to test
do some interesting things with colSpan that I have to account for, and have
varying numbers of header and footer rows that need to be excluded from the
data. so, while looking through that code, phrases such as "unreadable mess"
might come to mind, that really is the simplest implementation I could
manage that satisfies all the tables I have to deal with.

-Ethan