[Wtr-development] inspect

Jari Bakken jari.bakken at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:07:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Željko Filipin
<zeljko.filipin at wa-research.ch> wrote:
> 2) what does `located=true` mean? I would delete it, but I guess somebody
> needs it, since we have it.

Elements in Watir are lazily located, that means we don't actually
look for the element on the page when you call

  browser.link(:text => "file.txt")

We just return an object that knows *how to find* the element. When
you try to use the object (i.e. Element#exists?, Link#href, etc.)  do
we actully look for the element on the page - and that's what will
raise UnknownObjectExceptions et al. So the output will be
located=false before you call a method on the object, then
located=true after you've used it.