[Wtr-development] [wtr-general] Watir 1.6.6 final released

Bret Pettichord bret at pettichord.com
Mon Oct 4 14:10:52 EDT 2010

I would like to help out with the cleanup. Much of this is old stuff, and
stuff that I remember adding or at least being around when it was added, so
can probably be helpful in deciding whether to remove it. I am seeing that
this clutter interferes with getting new people to understand our code, so
am thus motivated to help clean house, and review pull requests in this
area.

So, that's about reducing the clutter from the repo -- removing stuff we
aren't using any more, and reducing duplication.

But there is also the matter of old methods that mostly aren't being use. We
need to look at deprecating these. I'd like to help with this, either
removing marginal functionality or marking as deprecated, to see if anyone
still cares about it.

The other thing I want to do is to complete the merge of the convio version
of watir -- both the stuff in the branch (which is already merged, i think)
and the stuff in the extensions. I expect to have time for this in November,
so I'm not sure if that fits in 1.6.7 or a later version.

Bret

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Jarmo <jarmo.p at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, congratulations to everyone!
>
> So, maybe it's time to think about agenda of 1.6.7?
>
> I have these things in my mind:
> 1) remove ActiveSupport dependency in FireWatir
> 2) add convenience methods for waiting by Jari
> (
> http://github.com/jarib/watir-webdriver/blob/master/lib/watir-webdriver/extensions/wait.rb
> )
> 3) add support for newer rubies... this could be bigger goal and done
> in step-by-step because it won't be too easy to do i'm afraid
> 4) fix/close bugs in jira :)
> 5) cleanup repos
>
> That's all i can think of right now. Any other ideas/propositions?
>
> Jarmo
>
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Željko Filipin
> <zeljko.filipin at wa-research.ch> wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Charley Baker <charley.baker at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> We are happy to announce that a (very) long-waited (Fire)Watir
> >> 1.6.6 final gem is out!
> >
> > Feel free to spread the word:
> >
> > http://watir.com/2010/10/04/watir-1-6-6-final-released/
> > http://twitter.com/#!/watir/status/26364215500<http://twitter.com/#%21/watir/status/26364215500>
> >
> > Željko
> > --
> > watir.com - community manager
> > watirpodcast.com - host
> > testingpodcast.com - audio podcasts on software testing. all of them

Bret Pettichord
Lead Developer, Watir, www.watir.com

Blog, www.io.com/~wazmo/blog
Twitter, www.twitter.com/bpettichord