[Wtr-development] source cleanup

Jarmo jarmo.p at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 05:29:55 EDT 2010

I forgot to mention that if we want to deal with these license
problems properly then it's not as easy as asking from just license
holders since we have there 2 types of licenses - BSD and MIT. That
means that we cannot just delete one of those and use only one and we
cannot multi-license just like that either. To do it properly we'd
have to ask from any contributor so far for their permission and if we
can't get hold of some or cannot get permission then we'd have to
delete their contribution and rewrite it with our own code. That would
be a proper way to handle this kind of situations unfortunately. I'm
not sure if it's done in real life like that with real projects. I've
heard that they did something like that with Mozilla project a while
ago (e.g. deleted some parts of the code and rewrote these due to
being unable to contact all contributors).

Just FYI.

Jarmo

>>> http://github.com/bret/watir/blob/master/firewatir/LICENSE
>>> http://github.com/bret/watir/blob/master/commonwatir/LICENSE