[Wtr-development] README file to github!?

marekj marekj.com at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:33:41 EDT 2010

I wanted to explain and defend my view of why there are 4 README.rdoc
files in watir project.

Watir project on github has a README.rdoc file as a landing page which
is used to present the project and its 3 separate gems.
Each library firewatir, watir, commonwatir has a README.rdoc specific
to that library so each gem then has it's own readme.
The main top level readme never makes it to the user's machine when
they install the gems.
If the user runs rdoc generation from the gems on their own machine
they now have a local README for each one of the gems.
The toplevel gem is visible on github as a landing page for the project.

And that is why I thought there should be 4 README.rdoc files

marekj

http://rubytester.com