[Wtr-development] Book on Watir

marekj marekj.com at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:31:49 EST 2010

Book on watir sound like fun.
I think if I were to do it I would just write the book as open source
book in the spirit of Poignant's Guide to Rubyor ProGit.
The reason is You want to make money 'BECAUSE' of the book and not
It reminds me of Doc Searls who says you make money not with the Blog
but 'Because of the Blog'
After releasing a book there may be opportunities to tailor training
maybe or writing some specialized training material.
I would think this is a better way to go (well, this suits my
personality and worldview).

I am really glad Bret, Paul, Charley, Jonathan, Chris Morris and
others have contributed to the open source Watir,
I think any documentation and best practices should be 'open source'
and I think the opportunities maybe in trainign and implementing Watir
in companies. (well, I may be wrong on this).
I've been really lucky to implement Watir at two client's 'Boeing' and
'BlueCross Blueshield' and I've made money not with Watir but because
of Watir.
I am now happy working with Convio where Watir is a central piece of
automated testing. So working with 'Watir' has helpmed me a lot in my

Watirloo: Semantic Page Objects in UseCases