[Wtr-development] drag and drop

Bret Pettichord bret at pettichord.com
Mon Dec 1 15:55:35 EST 2008

Paul and I just discussed this in IRC.

The plan:
Paul will work on this over the next month or two, at which time he thinks
it should be ready and will merge/commit to the watir repo.
This supports both IE and Firefox using Prototype. (I think this means that
this will only work with apps that use Prototype). Unit tests will be in
commonwatir (where the others need to be moved, but that's my problem).

Thanks Paul.

Bret

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Paul Rogers <paul.rogers at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I have some code that does cross browser drag and drop.
>
> Is there any interest in adding this to the main watir code base,
> either as a full feature or via the contrib mechanism?
>
> Ive just tried it out on prototype and scriptaculous and seems to work
> ok, but it will be quite a bit of work for me to make unit tests etc,
> but Im willing to do it.
>
> Selenium already supports this with these methods -
>
> http://release.seleniumhq.org/selenium-remote-control/0.9.0/doc/java/com/thoughtworks/selenium/DefaultSelenium.html#dragAndDrop(java.lang.String<http://release.seleniumhq.org/selenium-remote-control/0.9.0/doc/java/com/thoughtworks/selenium/DefaultSelenium.html#dragAndDrop%28java.lang.String>
> ,
> java.lang.String)
>
> Paul

Bret Pettichord