[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Bugs-27974 ] Running the example rdoc README code snippet to create a new task does not work

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Tue Jan 14 22:52:08 UTC 2014

Bugs item #27974, was opened at 2010-03-16 05:41
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=411&aid=27974&group_id=85

Category: win32-taskscheduler
>Group: Code

Initial Comment:
I ran the example code given in the documentation's README, to create a new task. However, although a .job file appeared in \windows\tasks, the new task wasn't displayed in windows' Task Scheduler GUI.

On my machine, it appears that an XML file must be present in \windows\system32\tasks for a task to appear in the GUI.

I found some information on the MS site about new features in 'Task Scheduler 2.0' including the addition of an XML format for defining tasks.

Version: win32-taskscheduler 0.2.0
OS: Windows7
Ruby: ruby 1.9.1p243 (2009-07-16 revision 24175) [i386-mingw32]