[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Feature Requests-25792 ] Create a pure Ruby win32-ole library

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Jan 10 16:31:34 UTC 2014

Feature Requests item #25792, was opened at 2009-05-05 17:29
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=414&aid=25792&group_id=85

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The current Win32OLE library is a C monster, has some bugs, and doesn't have a particularly good interface.

I think a pure Ruby version would be easier to write and maintain, could have a more Ruby-ish interface, and could be installed as a gem instead of people having to wait for the next release of Ruby.

Regards,

Dan (me)

Date: 2014-01-10 09:31

Message:
There is the pr-win32ole project is on github:

https://github.com/djberg96/pr-win32ole

I don't know if it still works. Really, I'd like a whole new interface, not just a port, and I don't have the energy for it. I'm going to leave that to someone else.

Comment By: Roger Pack (rogerdpack)
Date: 2009-10-31 15:08

Message:
anybody know if it works on jruby? Just wondering so if I should tell them to use it :)
-r

Comment By: Daniel Berger (djberg96)