[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Feature Requests-25681 ] Adding HTML Clipboard Format support to win32-clipboard

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Jan 10 16:28:27 UTC 2014

Feature Requests item #25681, was opened at 2009-04-26 07:30
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=414&aid=25681&group_id=85

Category: win32-clipboard
Group: Code

Initial Comment:
Adding HTML Clipboard Format support to win32-clipboard would be helpful.

Windows supports a clipboard format called "HTML Format". This format allows various fragments of html formatted text to be copy and pasted between applications. The overview about this format is [1].

UltraEdit has this feature as well as Word, Excel. You can copy some fragment of Web browser and paste HTML source to UltraEdit by special pasting menu.

There are C# implementation[2] and Python implementation[3] for reference.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms649015(VS.85).aspx
[2] http://blogs.msdn.com/jmstall/pages/sample-code-html-clipboard.aspx
[3] http://code.activestate.com/recipes/474121/

Date: 2014-01-10 09:28

Message:
Implemented in the latest version in the git repo, and will be pushed out as part of the 0.6.0 release.

No, I did not forget! :)

Comment By: John Allen (john3exonets)