[Win32utils-devel] CreateWindow not exported?

Heesob Park phasis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 00:54:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

2014/1/9 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I was just working some more on the FFI port of the win32-clipboard gem and
> I noticed that the CreateWindow function no longer seems to be exported by
> user32.dll.

You are right. CreateWindow function is not a real API function any more.

> Is the solution to use CreateWindowEx + WS_EX_STATICEDGE instead?

Following is thd definition of CreateWindowA and CreateWindowW in WinUser.h

#define CreateWindowA(lpClassName, lpWindowName, dwStyle, x, y,\
nWidth, nHeight, hWndParent, hMenu, hInstance, lpParam)\
CreateWindowExA(0L, lpClassName, lpWindowName, dwStyle, x, y,\
nWidth, nHeight, hWndParent, hMenu, hInstance, lpParam)
#define CreateWindowW(lpClassName, lpWindowName, dwStyle, x, y,\
nWidth, nHeight, hWndParent, hMenu, hInstance, lpParam)\
CreateWindowExW(0L, lpClassName, lpWindowName, dwStyle, x, y,\
nWidth, nHeight, hWndParent, hMenu, hInstance, lpParam)