[Win32utils-devel] win32-eventlog conversion

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:43:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I think I'm finished with the conversion from win32api to FFI for the
win32-eventlog gem. I was going to use wmi/ole originally, but decided to
keep what we had. I did this in part because it wasn't possible to do
certain things using wmi, such as reporting an event.

I'd appreciate it if folks could checkout the latest (the "ffi2" branch)
and make sure everything is ok. That was a lot to convert.

Also, is there a way to get Win32_NTEventLogFile information using the C
API instead of WMI? I thought it might be nice to add a log.file_info
method. If necessary I'll just use wmi for that method.