[Win32utils-devel] win32-taskscheduler ole branch

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 14:26:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> 2013/9/6 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
> > Great, thanks!
> >
> > I have a couple questions and/or requests.
> >
> > First, is it possible to implement application_name=. I tried to do it,
> but
> > it didn't work. Also, it seems that "cmd" is now the default
> > application_name. Is that correct?
> >
> I committed application_name= implementation.
> "cmd" is the default application_name by the line
> act.Path = 'cmd'
> I have no idea what is the correct default application_name.

Excellent, thanks.

In the previous version we didn't have a default application name, but I'm
fine with setting the default to "cmd".

> > I also noticed that you changed the creator method test to return an
> empty
> > string. Why doesn't it return my userid?
> >
> The creator is empty string by the line
> taskDefinition.RegistrationInfo.Author  = ''

Oh, I see now. Hm, I'm wondering if we should default to Etc.getlogin for
the author. Perhaps allow optional 3rd and 4th arguments for the Author and
Description. What do you think?

> > Lastly, is there any need for a save method? It doesn't appear to be
> needed
> > any more, though I thought about making it an alias for activate (where
> it
> > activates itself). Is that a good idea or not?
> >
> I think save method is only needed for compatibility.
> For me, making save an alias for activate is not a good idea.

Ok, I'll make it a deprecated method for 0.3.0, and remove it in 0.4.0.