[Win32utils-devel] File.realpath

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 15:44:01 UTC 2013


On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2013/11/20 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 7:31 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >>>
> >>> > You shouldn't be getting the "rake aborted!" though. If you fix that
> >>> > test
> >>> > and run them again do you still see that?
> >>> >
> >>> It seems that "rake aborted!" means there is at least one failure.
> >>>
> >>> I'm not sure it is a bug of feature, a simple test with
> >>> "assert_equal(1,2)" produce "rake aborted!"
> >>
> >>
> >> I'm seeing it every other run, even without test failures:
> >>
> >> C:\Users\djberge\Repositories\win32-file>rake test:link
> >> c:/ruby264/bin/ruby.exe -w -I"lib"
> >> -I"c:/ruby264/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/rake-10.1.0/lib"
> >>
> "c:/ruby264/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/rake-10.1.0/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb"
> >> "test/test_win32_file_link.rb"
> >>
> >>
> c:/ruby264/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/win32-file-stat-1.4.0/lib/win32/file/stat.rb:60:
> >> warning: method redefined; discarding old initialize
> >> Loaded suite
> >>
> c:/ruby264/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/rake-10.1.0/lib/rake/rake_test_loader
> >> Started
> >> .................
> >>
> >> Finished in 0.128007 seconds.
> >>
> >> 17 tests, 26 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 pendings, 0 omissions,
> 0
> >> notifications 100% passed
> >>
> >> 132.81 tests/s, 203.11 assertions/s
> >> rake aborted!
> >> Command failed with status (116): [ruby -w -I"lib"
> >> -I"c:/ruby264/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/rake-10.1.0/lib"
> >>
> "c:/ruby264/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/rake-10.1.0/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb"
> >> "test/test_win32_file_link.rb" ]
> >>
> >> Tasks: TOP => test:link
> >> (See full trace by running task with --trace)
> >>
> > BTW, I'm seeing this with the latest in FFI, which fixes one test, and
> makes
> > the File.readlink method raise an error if the argument is not a symlink.
> >
> OK, I can reproduce rake test segfaults with the latest FFI and ruby
> 2.0.0-p247 64bit.
> I fixed the code and committed.
>
> BTW, I think the wstrip method should be changed.
> Currently, It ignores encoding and cannot handles multibyte character
> code like CP949.


Oops, I didn't see that you made the change and accidentally changed the -2
back to -1, sorry.

We can ditch wstrip completely. I was trying to be too clever I guess.

Regards,

Dan
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/win32utils-devel/attachments/20131120/f45c5b2f/attachment.html>


More information about the win32utils-devel mailing list