[Win32utils-devel] win32-file-stat and ffi

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 05:55:36 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm converting the win32-file-stat lib to FFI, but I'm hitting some issues.
I'm using the "ffi2" branch.

First, the test suite segfaults as the result of any tests that are
checking against "NUL". This seems to be tied to the wide version of
FindFirstFile in the constructor, as the ansi version works fine. The weird
thing is that I can't duplicate the problem in standalone programs.

Second, I can't seem to access something like a removable disk with
FindFirstFile. I get an ENOENT error when I try File::Stat.new("E:/"), for

I'm also not totally sure the newer approach works with system files or
locked files.

Any suggestions or help welcome.