[Win32utils-devel] win32-service patch
djberg96 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 00:11:00 UTC 2013
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/6/17 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
> >> >
> >> > However, it seems the JVM takes too long to spin up. When I try to
> >> > the
> >> > service, I get the "did not start in a timely fashion" error with
> >> > Although, I would think the service_init method would give it enough
> >> > time.
> >> > From watching the log file, though, it doesn't look like it ever gets
> >> > service_init.
> >> >
> >> I guess this is an environment issue.
> >> In my test with jruby-1.7.4, it works fine and the log file looks good.
> >> 0
> >> 1
> >> 2
> >> 3
> >> 4
> >> 5
> >> 6
> >> 7
> >> 8
> >> 9
> >> service_main entered at: 2013-06-17 22:21:12 +0900
> >> Args: DemoSvc,hello
> >> Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 22:21:32 +0900
> >> Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 22:21:52 +0900
> >> Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 22:22:12 +0900
> > Weird. I installed the latest JRuby x64 + JVM:
> > jruby 1.7.4 (1.9.3p392) 2013-05-16 2390d3b on Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
> > 1.7.0_21-b11 [Windows
> > 7-x86]
> > This is Windows 7 Home Premium, btw.
> > Still get this error:
> > SystemCallError: Unknown error 1053 - StartService: The service did not
> > respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
> > raise_windows_error at
> > start at
> > c:/Users/djberge/Repositories/win32-service/lib/win32/service.rb:725
> > (root) at examples\demo_daemon_ctl.rb:68
> I guess this means your demo_daemon.rb has some errors.
> I recommend you to try "jruby demo_daemon.rb" and make sure
> demo_daemon.rb has no error.
> > Well, I'm happy to know that it works for someone. I'll try it on my
> > 7 Pro box and see if it makes any difference.
> I added some constant definition to daemon.rb
> # Service is not running
> STOPPED = SERVICE_STOPPED
> # Service has received a start signal but is not yet running
> START_PENDING = SERVICE_START_PENDING
> # Service has received a stop signal but is not yet stopped
> STOP_PENDING = SERVICE_STOP_PENDING
> # Service is running
> RUNNING = SERVICE_RUNNING
> # Service has received a signal to resume but is not yet running
> CONTINUE_PENDING = SERVICE_CONTINUE_PENDING
> # Service has received a signal to pause but is not yet paused
> PAUSE_PENDING = SERVICE_PAUSE_PENDING
> # Service is paused
> PAUSED = SERVICE_PAUSED
> # Service controls
> # Notifies service that it should stop
> CONTROL_STOP = SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP
> # Notifies service that it should pause
> CONTROL_PAUSE = SERVICE_CONTROL_PAUSE
> # Notifies service that it should resume
> CONTROL_CONTINUE = SERVICE_CONTROL_CONTINUE
> # Notifies service that it should return its current status information
> CONTROL_INTERROGATE = SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE
> # Notifies a service that its parameters have changed
> CONTROL_PARAMCHANGE = SERVICE_CONTROL_PARAMCHANGE
> # Notifies a service that there is a new component for binding
> CONTROL_NETBINDADD = SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDADD
> # Notifies a service that a component for binding has been removed
> CONTROL_NETBINDREMOVE = SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDREMOVE
> # Notifies a service that a component for binding has been enabled
> CONTROL_NETBINDENABLE = SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDENABLE
> # Notifies a service that a component for binding has been disabled
> CONTROL_NETBINDDISABLE = SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDDISABLE
> IDLE = 0
> And My demo_daemon.rb is https://gist.github.com/phasis68/5797203
Ok, I added those constants.
Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I got things
cleared up and things work fine with JRuby. The bad news is that it seems
to be doubling the sleep call with MRI.
For example, here's the output from the logfile with JRuby:
service_main entered at: 2013-06-17 17:57:56 -0600
Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 17:58:16 -0600
Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 17:58:36 -0600
Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 17:58:56 -0600
Works as expected, with 20 seconds between writes.
With MRI, here's what I see:
service_main entered at: 2013-06-17 18:06:43 -0600
Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 18:07:25 -0600
Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 18:08:05 -0600
Service is running as of: 2013-06-17 18:08:45 -0600
So, it's writing every 40 seconds instead of 20.
This is with Ruby 1.9.3-p374.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the win32utils-devel