[Win32utils-devel] Breaking up win32-file

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 00:14:46 UTC 2012

As I'm converting win32-file to use FFI, I think it needs to be
reworked. Right now it's a bit of a monster and hard to maintain. I'd
like to ease the maintenance and testing burden. So, I'm thinking of
splitting it into these 3 separate libs:

win32-file-attributes: Only deals with getting and setting Windows
file attributes - normal, compressed, readonly, etc.
win32-file-security: Deals with ACL's, encryption, etc.
win32-file: Everything else. Extra methods and redefined methods.

Seem reasonable?