[Win32utils-devel] ffi and msvc

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:52:20 EST 2012

> My test compiler is MSVC++ 10 and it has stdint.h
> It seems MSVC++ 9 don't have stdint.h
> Could you try replacing
> #if defined(_MSC_VER) && !defined(INT8_MIN)
> #  include <stdint.h>
> #endif
> #if (_MSC_VER >= 16) && !defined(INT8_MIN)
> #  include <stdint.h>
> #endif
> ?

I suspect you meant 1600. I tried that but then it leads to other
errors because it doesn't understand some of the data types. I think
the lack of stdint.h in MSVC 9 is considered a bug by many.

I think the best thing to do is to put stdint.h directly into your ffi
repo, and use that file if _MSV_VER < 1600. Just copy the one out of
MSVC 10.