[Win32utils-devel] ffi and msvc

Heesob Park phasis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 02:48:19 EST 2012

Hi,

2012/1/1 Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com>

> It is possible, there was a bash wrapper that mapped gcc command line to
> cl.exe.
>
> Sorry for top posting. Sent from mobile.
> On Dec 31, 2011 1:12 PM, "Daniel Berger" <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> What are the odds of getting FFI to build with MSVC++ ? Could it be made
>> work?
>>
>> Happy New Year!
>>
>> Dan

I managed to compile and make ffi_c.so with Visual Studio 2010 Express and
Ruby 2.0.0dev.
I can build libffi library easily using the wrapper msvcc.sh.
But, I have to edit source codes and Makefile of ext/ffi_c manulally for
the incompatibility of cl.exe and nmake.exe with gcc.

The changes of source codes are mainly like this:

#ifndef _MSC_VER
#include <sys/param.h>
#endif
#ifndef _MSC_VER