[Win32utils-devel] File.owned? custom implementation

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 14:38:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/12/25 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've added what I think is a working File.owned? method to the
>> win32-file-security gem. However, I'm not 100% sure that my method of
>> comparison is correct - I'm comparing sid strings (where I sort of
>> artifically chop the size of one of them) instead of using EqualSid
>> with pointers.
>>
>> Can someone please validate? Just pull the latest git master.
>>
>> Suggestions welcome.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> PS - Heesob, I thought maybe you implemented this already at some
>> point, but I couldn't find it. If you did and I missed it then I'm
>> sorry!
> The File.owned? method works fine on some tests.
>
> I can't remember I have implemented this method.
> But I found some related messages.
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/win32utils-devel/2008-June/thread.html#1163

Ok, I just wanted to make sure bit of code wasn't problematic:

if string_sid == sid.read_string(string_sid.size)
  return_value = true
end

I'm not sure how to implement File.chown. The links from those 2008
messages seem to be dead. I found this:

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=70562

Would that work?