[Win32utils-devel] win32-cluster

Rich Siegel rismoney at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 02:49:16 UTC 2012

First off - The win32utils rock!
I was wondering what it would entail to get a windows cluster api gem
going?

I started to look at the cluster wmi provider, but it doesn't look as easy
to work with as the now deprecated com/ole mscluster_cluster stuff

MSDN is also confusing since the failover api was previous not used for
"managing" so much as the automation api.  With the deprecation in server
2012 its either wmi provider or failover api.

I was tinking with invoking these obscure methods via basic powershell
tests, and not having so much luck - for instance putting private
properties on an ip address resource.  The wmi provider, at first glance
has some obscurities.

I have also started working on a MS cluster provider for puppet, so if I
can leverage common gems this would be awesome!

As far as functionality goes, I would be looking at building CRUD of
cluster, group and resource.

Thanks, and look forward to all the awesomeness you guys put out there!