[Win32utils-devel] RbConfig and CPPOUTFILE

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 14:14:15 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some reason with my version of Ruby built with MSVC++ 10 the
> RbConfig::CONFIG['CPPOUTFILE'] value is set to "-P". Shouldn't it be
> set to an actual file? With mingw it's set to "-o conftest.i"
>
> I guess I was expecting something like "/Fo conftest.i".
>
> I ran into this with mkmf-lite if you're curious, since I was using
> the result of CPPOUTFILE to help create a build command. Or am I
> misusing this?

Ok, I think I got a bit confused there. MS just defaults to using the
input file name + ".i" with the -P option, so I guess it's why it's
set like that.

Although, now I'm wondering why CPPOUTFILE is creating a .i file for
gcc, since that's typically used for preprocessed files and not
executables, right?