[Win32utils-devel] Windows platform detection

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 08:38:22 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides cross-compiling is THE DEVIL.

But sometimes you need to deal with the devil.

In my experience cross-compilation options had helped me increase gem
authors to care about providing binaries for Windows, even complex
ones like nokogiri that depends on libxml2

Without making deals with the devil, lot of gems will be lacking
proper support or binaries for Windows.

As for the ALT_SEPARATOR, From the link you provide cannot see how
that will be non-nil. You can ask Ruby-Core.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17