[Win32utils-devel] win32-api on Windows 7

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 22:53:30 EST 2010

I just received and installed my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Pretty slick.

I went with the 64 bit version. It seems to be what most people out
there have installed. Plus, I figured it would be the most
problematic, so I may as well get ready to deal with the potential
bugs.

So far I've had 1 bug with sys-uname (already fixed).

I decided to give win32-api a shot:

win32/api.c:565: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

default:
   rb_raise(cAPIProtoError, "Illegal prototype '%s'",
      RSTRING_PTR(a_proto[i])
   );

I'm not sure I understand the warning in this case. Anything I need to
be worried about?

The larger problem so far is that rm.exe (of all things) from msys is
stackdumping.