[Win32utils-devel] Strange nmake bug with Sapphire, Vista, VC 9

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 22:11:05 EST 2010

I see this when I try to compile Sapphire on Vista with VC 9:

compiling Win32API

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08

makefile(1) : fatal error U1007: double quotation mark not allowed in name
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '.\miniruby.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

Sapphire is based on ruby-1.8.6-p383, though a fresh download of that source
builds fine. I don't see this behavior on OS X, either.

Any ideas? Could it be this commit?

http://github.com/djberg96/Sapphire/commit/8bfbabe633b270af655709fd030c9556f
bf2c6a0

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the heck I did and I'll to revert one commit at
a time until I find the culprit. :(

git://github.com/djberg96/Sapphire.git