[Win32utils-devel] Buying windows software

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:07:57 EST 2010

Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just looking to buy Windows 7. Where do y'all shop for your Windows software
>> these days?
>>
>> I found this:
>>
>> http://elecsurf.com/win7u-64-dd.html
>>
>> Seemed like a pretty good price.
>>
>> Any other suggestions?
>>

> If you're in USA, you can go for Amazon and get an OEM version instead.
>
> NewEgg have those too.
>
> Is trustful the source you indicated? Good prices, but will check
> before put my card on these sites ;-)

Yeah, I'm not sure. I just looked for the lowest price. It could be
counterfeit. The difference is pretty drastic. Amazon has it for $275,
which is quite a difference.

Well, actually, I see 2 different versions from Amazon. The "regular"
full install version for $275 and an OEM 1pk for $179. I guess I'm not
even sure what the difference would be in practice.