[Win32utils-devel] Can't get TaskScheduler.new to work for 0.3.0

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:53:38 EST 2010

Heesob Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you know, 0.3.0 is not working on XP and 0.2.x is not working on
> Vista and laster.
>
> For now, we have 0.2.x for XP, 2K and 2003 and 0.3.x for Vista, 2008 and 7.
>
> What's your release plan of win32-taskscheduler?
>
> Any idea of the unified version?

I was thinking about that last night. My initial idea is to ship 3 files:

taskscheduler.rb
taskscheduler1.rb
taskscheduler2.rb

taskscheduler1.rb would be the current 0.2.0 branch.
taskscheduler2.rb would be the new code.

taskscheduler.rb would then require taskscheduler1.rb or
taskscheduler2.rb based on the current version of windows. I have some
helper functions in windows-pr for that.

Does that seem reasonable?