[Win32utils-devel] Need a second pair of eyes for controls_accepted in win32-service

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:09:02 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm getting bad results for the controls_accepted results in win32-service
for the ServiceInfo struct, and I'm not sure why, even after I thought I
fixed this (previously it always returned nil). Please checkout the latest
code from github.

For example:

require 'win32/service'
include Win32

Service.services{ |s|
  next unless s.service_name == 'W32Time'
  p s.controls_accepted
}

That returns:

["netbind change", "param change", "pause continue", "shutdown", "stop",
"hardware profile change", "power event", "interrogate"]

However, W32Time cannot be paused/resumed, so the 'pause continue' result
(among others I suspect) is bogus.

Any ideas why? It's probably something simple, but I'm not getting it.