[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Bugs-28801 ] unclosed handle in Process.setpriority/getpriority

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Dec 26 12:59:08 EST 2010

Bugs item #28801, was opened at 2010-12-25 03:02
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=411&aid=28801&group_id=85

Category: win32-process
Group: Code

Initial Comment:
Using Process.setpriority/getpriority was crashing my ruby program.

I think the problem was with unclosed handle from OpenProcess() function.

my patch for lib/win32/process.rb (0.6.4) follows, however the bug exists also in previous releases.

Date: 2010-12-26 10:59

Message:
Yeah, I need to clean up getpriority and setpriority in general to more strictly match the current spec.

I think I originally avoided CloseHandle because I seem to recall it causing issues because it would affect the current process somehow. Maybe I'm imagining things, though. I'll definitely take a look.