[Win32utils-devel] I wish I could comment on Daniels posts

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 09:28:11 EDT 2009

Hello Guys,

Me again in reply to Daniel's post:

http://djberg96.livejournal.com/169067.html

Since LiveJournal really sucks, I cannot simply register for
comment... no, it creates a whole LiveJournal account that I don't
plan on use.

Also, no OpenID.

Anyway, to comment: Did you tried rake-compiler?

http://github.com/luislavena/rake-compiler

Basically it allow Gem specification playing so you can do this:

rake compile

to build the extensions

rake native gem

to package both 'ruby' source gem and 'native' to your platform.

It also opens the possibility to cross compilation (I guess not useful
for win32utils project) but it is for MinGW powered Ruby.

Anyhow, wanted to chime in :-)

I know, could be shameless self promotion, but perhaps is helpful, dunno.

Cheers,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17