[Win32utils-devel] Git?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 10:40:47 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I've gone and learned git. Well, learned it well enough to get
> by, anyway. I can pull and push with the best of 'em!
>
> Are people on the list in favor of switching to git (on github)?
> Opposed? Or indifferent?

In favor here.

> I personally can live with CVS, but I realize git is quite popular,
> and it might bring greater exposure to the project.

CVS has keep me out of the loop to contribute to this project, mostly
because installing and setting CVS has been pushed out of my brain in
favor of Mercurial, Subversion, Bazaar and Git itself.

> Thoughts?

The repository conversion/relocation to GitHub will also increase the
contribution network, exposure and tools to manage these (Fork queue,
for example).

As example, a project that noones was going to work with
(RubyInstaller) got several contributions, forks and active patches,
bigger than when it was hosted at Subversion or Bazaar).

Cheers,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17