[Win32utils-devel] Pure Ruby win32-ole library

Heesob Park phasis at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:42:00 EDT 2009

2009/5/16 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Park Heesob <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
> <snip>
>>> Also, most of the functions you need are in the
>>> Windows::COM::Automation module. A few are missing, so I've added
>>> those, along with the constant enum values.
>>> I did notice a prototype difference for SysAllocString. I return the
>>> string, but you want the address?
>> Yes. The SysAllocXXX should return the address.
>> BTW, you mistacked RegEnumKeyEx's prototype in registry.rb
>> 'LLPPPPP' should be 'LLPPPPPP'
>> Also LoadTypeLibEx's prototype 'PPP' should be 'PLP'.
> I've corrected the mistakes you mentioned, thank you. I've released
> windows-pr 1.0.4 that should have everything you need now. Please let
> me know if there's anything I've missed.
I uploaded a new version of win32ole.rb which applied the latest windows-pr.
It is

Following two files should be modified to work properly.

         API.new('SafeArrayCreate', 'LLP', 'L', 'oleaut32')
         API.new('SafeArrayCreateVector', 'LLL', 'L', 'oleaut32')

         API.new('EnumTimeFormatsEx', 'KSLP', 'B')
         API.new('GetCurrencyFormatEx', 'PLPPPI', 'I')
         API.new('GetDateFormatEx', 'SLPSPIS', 'I')
      rescue Win32::API::LoadLibraryError
         # Windows Vista or later