[Win32utils-devel] Pure Ruby win32-ole library

Heesob Park phasis at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:42:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/5/16 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Park Heesob <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> <snip>
>
>>> Also, most of the functions you need are in the
>>> Windows::COM::Automation module. A few are missing, so I've added
>>> those, along with the constant enum values.
>>>
>>> I did notice a prototype difference for SysAllocString. I return the
>>> string, but you want the address?
>>>
>> Yes. The SysAllocXXX should return the address.
>>
>> BTW, you mistacked RegEnumKeyEx's prototype in registry.rb
>> 'LLPPPPP' should be 'LLPPPPPP'
>> Also LoadTypeLibEx's prototype 'PPP' should be 'PLP'.
>
> I've corrected the mistakes you mentioned, thank you. I've released
> windows-pr 1.0.4 that should have everything you need now. Please let
> me know if there's anything I've missed.

I uploaded a new version of win32ole.rb which applied the latest windows-pr.
It is  http://121.78.227.9/win32-ole/win32ole.rb.new

Following two files should be modified to work properly.

automation.rb

         API.new('SafeArrayCreate', 'LLP', 'L', 'oleaut32')
         API.new('SafeArrayCreateVector', 'LLL', 'L', 'oleaut32')

national.rb

      begin
         API.new('EnumTimeFormatsEx', 'KSLP', 'B')
         API.new('GetCurrencyFormatEx', 'PLPPPI', 'I')
         API.new('GetDateFormatEx', 'SLPSPIS', 'I')
      rescue Win32::API::LoadLibraryError
         # Windows Vista or later