[Win32utils-devel] Pure Ruby win32-ole library

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:04:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> As a response to the feature request
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=25792&group_id=85&atid=414,
> I have been struggling with the win32ole in these days. The
> implementation is almost done except for some event handling.
> It passed all the test codes provided with the MRI win32ole module
> except for test_win32ole_event.rb
> I have got stuck in IConnectionPoint::Advise right now. If you are
> familiar with the COM event handling, please give me some advice.
> The code is available at

Excellent work!

I did notice one mistake:

# Wrong function name
SysFreeString = Win32::API.new('SysAllocString', 'L', 'V', 'oleaut32')

Also, most of the functions you need are in the
Windows::COM::Automation module. A few are missing, so I've added
those, along with the constant enum values.

I did notice a prototype difference for SysAllocString. I return the
string, but you want the address?

I'll take a look at the IConnectionPoint::Advise code soon.