[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Feature Requests-25792 ] Create a pure Ruby win32-ole library

Heesob Park phasis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 23:06:36 EDT 2009

Hi Dan,

2009/6/6 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:

> [...]
Congratulations! I read your blog. Welcome back to Ruby :)

> I've been working on the pure ruby pr-zlib library, and I wanted to get that
> tested and out first. Once I'm done with that, I'm going to start a separate
> pure project (pr/win32ole) and create a test suite for that.
>
> Honestly, I didn't expect you to finish it nearly as fast as you did. I
> thought I would have more time. :)

I think you are more busy now than in Qwest days. :)

BTW, did you know win-user32-ruby
project(http://rubyforge.org/projects/win-user32-ruby/) which is
registered a few days ago by Jerry Fernholz? It is based on win32/api
and aimed to implement user32 APIs. I guess many codes are duplicate
with windows-pr and could be merged into windows-pr. We can co-work
with Jerry in both win32-utils and win-user32-ruby projects. What do
you think about this?