[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Feature Requests-23514 ] Possibility to get exitstatus from app ran by open3

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sat Jan 10 06:27:13 EST 2009

Feature Requests item #23514, was opened at 2009-01-10 12:27
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=414&aid=23514&group_id=85

Category: win32-open3
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,
because bug [#23356]
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=23356&group_id=85&atid=411
is rather unsolvable, maybe would be possible to introduce some other way to catch proper existatus on Windows machines with Open3 library?
I wrote this to bug [#23356] comments, but I pressume no one has read it :-)
Saddly lack of exitstatus is reason wy I can't use open3 for now.
I'm using
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/c0e7fc74641b9a50
for getting stderr and exitstatus (little bit modyfied,
because this script catshes exitstatus of executed ruby
script, not from executed app from it), but i think this is
realy ugly solution of the problem.

Thanks