[Win32utils-devel] RbReadline - Pure Ruby Readline Test version released

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:45:57 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/22 Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
>> Heesob Park wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just a quick note to let you know that I've pushed out the first release
>>> of
>>> RbReadline - Pure Ruby Readline emulation library.
>>>
>>> It supports almost all features of GNU readline library. It runs on
>>> 1.8.x and 1.9.x on Linux and Windows.
>>> But for now it lacks of supporting multibyte character handling.
>>> Any Patches and suggestions welcome.
>>>

>>> http://121.78.227.9/rbreadline
>>
>> Very cool.
>>
>> Are you going to create a separate project for this on RubyForge?
>>
> After fixing some critical bugs, I want to give the copyright and
> project administration to Luis Lavena and he seems to prefer github to
> rubyforge.

A Git repository can be located at RubyForge too, but GitHub offers a
better way to visualize and integrate changes.

I have a rake-compiler mirror at rubyforge, and both get updated when
I push changes to GitHub.

> Of course, I will maintain the code as a developer.

Thank you Park, this contribution already made the CPU usage of MinGW
build of Ruby less than 0.5% (close to zero!).

> Regards,
>
> Park Heesob

Luis Lavena
AREA 17