[Win32utils-devel] File.exists?("A:") on Windows VM

Wayne Vucenic waynev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:03:34 EDT 2009

Hi Dan,

I've had various problem with VMWare Fusion, so I've recently started
using Sun's free VirtualBox VM:

VirtualBox has more or less a comparable feature set with Fusion, and
I have a Vista Desktop that VMWare Player won't run on, but that
VirtualBox works on fine.

I'm not running Windows inside VirtualBox, so I can't try to recreate
the issues you're seeing, but it might be worth giving VirtualBox a

For the record, Ubuntu 9.04 crashes a lot inside VirtualBox on OS X,
but judging by the mailing lists, that seems to be a problem that's
specific to Ubuntu on VirtualBox on OS X, so shouldn't be relevant to
your situation.

I hope to see you at RubyConf San Francisco!

Best regards,