[Win32utils-devel] Multiple clipboard formats

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 08:08:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

I already made a change since 0.5.0. The Clipboard.register_format now
returns the format number returned by the RegisterClipboardFormat()
function. This change is in CVS.

It works fine, but one thing I wasn't sure of was how to register multiple
clipboard formats simultaneously. Specifically, I was looking at this
article:

http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-p/clipboard/print.php/c3015

Where he registers both RTF and Csv formats, and when he copies and pastes
to Word or Excel, it just does the right thing.

I'm also wondering if we need to modify the Clipboard.set_data method so
that it accepts a nil argument. According to MSD, the 'hMem' parameter can
be NULL, indicating that the window provides data in the specified clipboard
format (renders the format) upon request. If a window delays rendering, it
must process the WM_RENDERFORMAT and WM_RENDERALLFORMATS messages.

I'm debating what sort of interface we could provide for this. Any
suggestions?