[Win32utils-devel] Readline with VC++ 8?

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Wed Oct 22 11:56:16 EDT 2008

Oof. This whole time I thought irb required readline to work. Nope. It
turns out I was hitting a LoadError bug in irb/init.rb:

Two LoadError bugs in three days! What are the odds?!

Anyway, once I fixed that, I was able to use the Rails console. Yay.

Still, I think a pure Ruby Readline library would be very welcome in the
Ruby world.