[Win32utils-devel] Readline with VC++ 8?

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Tue Oct 21 15:00:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

<snip>

> > Maybe a pure Win32 version is in order?
> >

> Yes, please, readline has big problems with win32console or
> long lines (100 chars)

I'm afraid I'm not qualified. Perhaps you are though?

> OT: what about deprecating Win32API and moving to ruby-ffi?

It's only available in Jruby and Rubinius as far as I know, and then
only as Beta.

Do we have the functions needed already declared in windows-pr? There's
Windows::Console plus the MSVCRT functions. I'm willing to throw Windows
2000 under a bus on this, too, as I'm aware that Windows XP added
several console functions that might be desired, or even necessary.

> >> I'll try to find by copy and send those patches to you.
> >
> > Excellent, thanks.
> >

> Checked on my backup catalog, is at home, will bring it
> tomorrow to the office.

Great, thanks.